Getting a Passport

Jewish Wedding Planner > Honeymoons> Getting a Passport
Jewish Gifts

Wedding Planning Information on how to plan a Jewish wedding.

Honeymoon How to plan a romantic getaway.

Money Matters Start planning your financial future today.

Jewish Living Bringing Judiasm into your lives.

A valid U.S. passport is required to enter and leave most foreign countries. If you will be leaving the country on your honeymoon vacation, you need to get a passport.

U.S. citizens can contact the Department of State.

Click passports for U.S citizens under Travel and Living Abroad. Downloadable forms are available on their website.

U.S. passport application are also available at designated post offices, libraries and state, county and municipal government offices.

If it is your first time filling out a passport application, you will need to apply in person.

Foreign nationals should contact their respective consular officials.

Apply for your passports several months before your scheduled honeymoon to allow plenty of time for processing. No need for last minute worries as your wedding day approaches!

If you will be legally changing your name after you are married, you will need to change your name on your passport as well.

If your travel plans will require VISAS from foreign embassies, please allow sufficient time as well.

Necessary Documentation:

Proof of American citizenship

1. An expired passport.

2. Certified birth certificate. A certified birth certificate has an embossed seal.

If you do not have a copy of your birth certificate, contact the vital statistics office in state where you were born.

Passport photo:

There are specific requirements regarding an acceptable passport photograph. Make sure your pictures are taken by a knowledgeable photographer. You do not have to pay a professional photographer, many drugstores and camera shops take passport photographs.

You will need (2) copies of identical 2x2 inch color photographs taken within the last 6 months. They must show your full face, in a clear front view, on a white or off-white background.

If your passports are lost or stolen while traveling, report the loss to the local police and contact the nearest U.S. embassy.

Jewish Wedding Planner, 2007